|Thought for the summer:
How does this plan come together?
Jeremiah 29:11–14 (NASB95)
11 ‘For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
What does God say that must happen for Him to give us a future and hope?
12 ‘Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.
13 ‘You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
First: -Prayer—speaking to God—confession of sin, remorse of hurting God’s heart, wisdom and understanding to please God.
· Most of our prayers are selfish, juvenile words to God.
· God is speaking about opening your heart to Him so that He can transform you into His image.
· He desires prayer that reaches down into your most inner being, revealing that obstacle that is so precious to you that only He and you know what it is.
Secondly it is seeking and searching for God—devoting ourselves to purposely to understanding what makes God pleased. What is God’s heart like and how can my life reflect His image?
· Many of us have a head knowledge of God that has been twisted and corrupted by our media, half truths and assumptions.
· People, for us to seek God with our whole heart, soul and mind we need to dig into the Bible and practice what we learn.
· We need to clear away the clutter of deception we have accepted and submit ourselves to the clear teaching of scriptures.
Then it is that we will experience the promise of Verse 14
14 ‘I will be found by you,’ declares the Lord, ‘and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,’ declares the Lord, ‘and I